Friday 2 December 2016

So... about my second graphic novel, "Bridgeland:Vol.2"

You know that weird feeling? Sure there are tons of feelings, and so many of them can be weird. Specifically, I'm talking about that weird feeling that comes after spending an intense period of activity. You've spend so much time and so intensely doing this thing but now you're looking about for what's next... thing is, you're finished! Job's done and with nothing left to do you're feeling slightly discombobulated. 




What? You have absolutely NO idea what I'm going on about? OK, fine... forget I said anything!



Bridgeland: Vol.2 written by Marc Gibson with art by Kevon Hall
The big news is that my second graphic novel, "Bridgeland: Volume Two" has been officially accepted for distribution worldwide! 







YUP! Awesome! 

Worldwide you say? 

Sire Veloci of Raptor


Indeed my good sir, indeed.


















Bridgeland: Volume Two is the follow-up to 2014's Bridgeland: Volume One, and is the conclusion to the whole saga.
Eric Jerome Dickey enjoyed it, says so on the cover!


What is Bridgeland about you ask?

It's set in Barbados (home of Rihanna AND a bunch of other 'famous' people too!) and it's a fictional exploration of how far would people be willing to go for those they consider family. The entire story starts with two poor, teen brothers breaking into a rich family's home and quickly going wrong in the most tragic of ways.
Bridgeland tagline: How far would you go for family?


If you haven't read Bridgeland: Volume One, I'm sorry but I can't get into details because, well... spoilers.

If you have read the first graphic novel, well Bridgeland: Volume Two picks up right where the first book ended. When you read it, tell me if the ending blows your mind... even a little!

Both volumes of Bridgeland will be available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe, and Australia in 2 to 6 weeks at all the major book retailers; Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chapters/Indigo, Book Depository, Chattel House Books. So feel free to pre-order it right now from your retailer of choice.


If physical, paperback books aren't your fancy, both volumes of Bridgeland will also be available in EPUB format too, for the digital readers. I also submitted Bridgeland: Volume One to Comixology. Once that's accepted, I can follow with Vol.2.
The digital editions of Bridgeland will be device agnostic.


The entire journey of publishing two graphic novels has been an eye-opening, learning experience. Vol.2 in itself has been novel. I've had the pleasure of working with a phenomenal person and artist Kevon 'VonArts' Hall.
Bridgeland: Vol.2 illustrator Kevon Hall is something of a Rihanna fan.


He's been totally invested from when he came on board a little over a year ago, and his diligence and dedication ran from start to finish. I can't sing his praises enough. You should check out his work on FB and Instagram. I look forward to working with him again.

What's next for me? Well, I've got a novel in a different genre, as well as what could be my next graphic novel (also a genre change) outlined. I'm aiming to publish 1 novel and two graphic novels in 2017. Let's see how that works out.

For now, check out a few pages from Bridgeland: Volume Two below.
From the 2016 graphic novel, Bridgeland: Vol. 2


From the 2016 graphic novel, Bridgeland: Vol. 2

From the 2016 graphic novel, Bridgeland: Vol. 2

From the 2016 graphic novel, Bridgeland: Vol. 2

From the 2016 graphic novel, Bridgeland: Vol. 2
You can continue to read this blog. I'm also on FB and Twitter (@MarcGWrites)... more or less.



No comments:

Post a Comment